1. Dentures are not the only replacement selection for missing teeth. Dental implants used alone or in combination with a partial denture is often a superior option for patients. Whereas a removable appliance replaces only the visible parts of teeth, an implant replaces both the root and crown of a tooth. This has essential implications. Dental implants can prevent bone recession that generally occurs following tooth extractions. Dental implants can deliver patients the near-normal ability to chew, speak, and laugh.
2. There are more than one type of denture. Most individuals are familiar with the removable denture that replaces a complete upper or lower arch. There are also partial dentures that are used for patients who have some natural teeth. Partial dentures can be fixed in the mouth or removable.
3. Even if you have worn dentures for a while, you may be a suitable candidate for implant-anchored dentures. The critical factor is whether or not you have enough bone to support an implant. Bone grafting can strengthen existing bone for some implant patients. Schedule an appointment with Drs. J. Scott White, Pranee White, and John Han to find out if you are an appropriate candidate.
4. Regardless of your tooth replacement configuration—full dentures, partial dentures, or tooth implants—you still need to practice appropriate oral hygiene. Removable appliances should be cleaned daily.
5. Even if you have no existing teeth left, it’s vital that you have biannual dental examination. Optimal oral health is a vital component of overall physical well-being. Drs. John Han will examine your mouth for indications of diseases like cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes. It is also a good idea for your dentist to examine the condition of your appliance at your visit.
Drs. J. Scott White, Pranee White, and John Han, one of the most experienced and skilled dental professionals in the Richmond area, has know-how with many tooth restoration care. Call 804-302-5592 today to schedule an appointment.
Contact White & White: 804-302-5592
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):